Tuesday, January 12, 2010

xmas in Sweden

I spent Christmas in Sweden visiting with Katrin. I tried pickled herring and drank schnapps. It was a good time. There are a lot of H&Ms in Sweden, and sometimes I was in one store and could see another across the street. I did some sight seeing and museum-going, but it occurred to me that I’m not really cut out for this kind of culture, and going to a petting zoo, or even just a pet store with kittens, would probably be more satisfying.

I spent New Year’s with Katrin, Tobias, and Tobias’ friend Alex, at some vague association of Alex’s. All four of us were kind of outsiders at the party, which Alex pointed out was a sausage fest, there being only two or three girls, all of which had bfs there. Katrin got into a physical fight with one of the guys there and had some bruises the next day, but I apparently didn’t even notice it happening, which I thought was strange. I accidentally stopped the music, and got a lot of menacing stares. Katrin and Tobias thought it was really tense when that happened, but all the dudes were clean-cut and well-dressed, and one of them was even wearing braces, so it was difficult for them to seem intimidating. On the way home, Tobias told me that they thought I was in fact a Swede impersonating an American.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good post.

    I think it covers everything you told me at The Elevens when you first got back, and nothing more.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers