Friday, February 19, 2010

chat roulette, ect

I got up this morning and said to myself, among other things, that I would get a lot of work done today while I work my 4 ½ hour shift at the weightroom. When I got there and checked my email, I realized that I had told the students from intro to film studies (I’m a T.A) to email me their papers on Citizen Kane. I will read a few, I said to myself, and then move onto other things. Now it is nearing the end of my shift, and I have read several. I found it highly disagreeable. Two were good, one was quite good in fact, but the others were…wanting. I don’t even know what to say to these students. Can I tell them they should rewrite? Because that is what I did in one case…Well anyway, Hampshire has evaluation inflation…and I might as well stand up against that, knowing I will be resented.

In other news, I discovered chat roulette yesterday! Dinah at media services told me about it. Then I had the idea to do it last night while I was drinking and playing Chinese checkers at mod 6. It is a very disconcerting experience, and it involves seeing a lot of dicks. I wondered out loud when some theorist would write about it. It seems like something out of a Cronenberg movie from the eighties.

Somehow, I feel that this post is lacking…the things I wanted to say seemed more interesting than they do now. Whatever it was that compelled me to write regularly here seems to have dissipated…

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers