Tuesday, May 12, 2009

adieu, adieu, remember me

I find that bus rides are often punctuated with feelings of pointlessness or, alternately, waves of optimism. Yesterday on the bus I put this down in the memo function of my phone so I would remember it and I noticed that I had another memo written down. ‘She is like a Bridget Bardot knock-off,’ it said. I could not remember why I had written this down—or who, where, or when it came from, for that matter; all I knew was that it was something I thought should go in my blog. Finally, I figured that it came from last Friday night, at Jackie’s birthday party.

At Jackie’s, we binged excessively. I somehow managed to break two glasses, although this was before I was even very drunk. I asked Michael, Nicola’s French bf, if he had heard of Florence. He googled her and to my surprise, there were several different websites with bio pages about her and even filmographies. Michael said that he didn’t know her personally, but that his family probably does. When Simon saw her picture, he remarked that she looked like a Bridget Bardot knock-off.

On the way home, Katrin, Tobias and I stopped for a Greek sandwich, which was just what I needed. Some people there were being obnoxious to us, so when they walked away, I said, ‘aideu.’ I am pleased that I found an occasion to use this word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers