Thursday, May 7, 2009

still moaning and groaning

The other day Florence came home and was moaning and groaning more than usual: ‘Oh la la la, c’est pas possible.’ I’ve learned to just ignore it and stay in my room. After a while I did go into the kitchen to get something to eat, and she brought up Still Walking, which I had recommended to her. She detested it; it actually made her angry, and, according to her, all of her friends shared her sentiments. I didn’t really know what to say. She said that it had nothing in common with the Japanese classics like Ozu’s films. In retrospect, I should have told her that she was just wrong there, considering that the plot is nearly identical to Ozu’s most famous movie, Tokyo Story. But at the time, none of this came to mind, and I was even left doubting my own opinion. After our conversation, she left the kitchen and apparently noticed something that caused her to recommence her moaning and groaning. In fact, she even said something along the lines of, ‘I’m starting all over again.’

1 comment:

My Blog List

Followers