Saturday, July 18, 2009

guaranteeing boredom

"He claims that electronic texture is the only one that can deal with sentiment, memory, and imagination." - Sandor Krasna

The other day I experienced an unpleasant sensation at dinner. I arrived too early, and I found that my usual crew of friends was not there. I noticed two people that I regularly dine with; next to them was a group of people that looked familiar, so I decided to eat with them. I was mistaken: they were not familiar, they were strangers. Two of my friends were there, this is true, but I could not talk to them because there were unknowns at the table, blocking a line of conversation. I search for words. I am not prepared to embark on such an endeavor, I adore complacency. There is a line in the narration of Chris Marker’s film Sans Soleil that sticks with me. Pardonnez-moi ces pensées désordonnées. Je vous laisse une image mélancolique, mais au fond de moi
je suis heureux. J’ai parlé franchement. Excusez-moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers