Tuesday, July 14, 2009

trouble every day

It is true that I wrote about Antichrist a month or so ago, and about how all the hype around it at Cannes had made me want to see it. People were leaving midway through, people denounced it, etc.

Despite being allured by this kind of reaction to a film, I’m going to say that I regret seeing Claire Denis’ Trouble Every Day, a film that was similarly received at Cannes. I feel traumatized. Do not see Trouble Every Day. It depicts things, in a sensitive, unhurried, stylized, thorough way that should never be depicted. I’ve seen Pink Flimingos. I’ve seen Realm of the Senses and Audition. (Though I admit I haven’t seen Salo). Anyway, don’t see it. Maybe my days of watching tough art films are over. My new favorite film is Marley and Me. Also, I’m not sure if I ever want to have sex again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers