Wednesday, September 23, 2009

trouble every day

So it’s been a while since I last updated. The sentiment I experienced when I did sound for that intro talk has waxed and waned. I’ve been going on nice, long runs, where I reflect about the serious things. Unfortunately, however, I found out that I have a hernia, and that renders exercising problematic. Initially I thought it was something I should be embarrassed about, as if it was something I caused through lifting improperly or some shit like that. The doctor tells me, however, that it was probably there since birth, and that it gradually got worse throughout my life. I guess I just live too hard in general. It’s sort of like driving a car that makes a weird noise; you know something isn’t right, but the thing still works…yet there is the sentiment in the back of your mind that it could break down at any moment.

I went to see Coppola’s new movie, Tetro, the other day. Though not perfect, I enjoyed the experience. Coppola is inspired by several different looks from the history of cinema, but it wasn’t too much of a quotation, if you know what I mean. One thing was a bit odd: whenever Vincent Gallo kissed his girlfriend in the movie, I thought about his role in Claire Denis’ Trouble Every Day. I expected the girl to start screaming from the pain of him ripping out her tongue with his teeth, and then him to pull away with a blood all over his face and lips—which is what he does in Denis’ film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers