Saturday, October 3, 2009

adventures in northampton

Last night I went to Northampton again to go to a birthday party above Pop’s liquor store. First I drank beers at Dave & Paolo’s place. I felt tired and listless and a little indifferent towards the evening. My hernia was causing me some pain because I’d been running too hard. We sat around on the porch and told jokes; I told the one about the three men on the beach and the brick they throw up in the air, and Paolo told the one about the old woman and her parrot and the businessman and his cigar on the airplane. Beryl couldn’t keep her mouth shut though and she ruined the whole damn thing.

At the party I felt cerebral. Again my hernia was bothering me. Finally I had to lie down on the dirty bathroom floor to make it feel better while Dave stood outside and made sure no one walked in. When I got back out I started to wonder if I could dance and make people believe that I was actually having fun. I approached two girls that were dancing together next to Jackie and Dave and asked them if they were convinced that I was enjoying myself. They said yes but that I should move my arms more and make other gestures. Pretty soon I got bored so I walked home. I’ve had worse nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers