Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Katrin’s been here for the past week. This morning I saw her off at the bus stop in Amherst. When we woke up it was still dark outside. It was cool outside, but pleasant, and as the sun came up I could tell it would be a sunny day. As I pulled out of Hampshire onto West Street, I remarked that the sky looked beautiful. I haven’t been up this early in years, I said.

On the drive back I looked to my left at the rolling fields covered with mist and the mountains in the distance. I was reminded of that morning in Nice, nearly six months ago. Today when I woke up Katrin seemed a little troubled. It was gray and rainy outside. We had a talk. From the balcony we could see the port and there was a big cruise ship standing in the water. I scoped it with the binoculars.

Since it was still early when I got back, I went to bed for a few hours.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to tell you, I looked through that album of "Katrin comes to America" on facebook. She looks very pretty. I'm sad I missed her. I think I'd like to meet her.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers