Wednesday, June 24, 2009

spreading the word

Last night I drank the night away with Sieglind and Linda, from my young writer days, and this guy Matt who has a place in historic Bethlehem. We talked about a range of subjects, but Sieglind and Matt kept returning to the subject of arrogance, and how it is different from confidence. We shared a lot of anecdotes about our love lives; Matt asked us each to define love in one word. I think Sieglind said ‘goat,’ I forget what Matt said, Linda said ‘unconditionality,’ and when pressed, I said, ‘someone who indulges my selfish tendencies.’ Matt made some remark about the distinction between making love and sex that could’ve been considered arrogant, and this again brought him and Sielgind back to the same discussion. I said several times that I was tired of all this heavy stuff. Matt has a wall where people sign and write down something, so I wrote down something to this affect, that is not wanting to talk about all this heavy stuff anymore. Then below my name I wrote the address of this blog.

2 comments:

My Blog List

Followers