Thursday, January 8, 2009

hair gel




Today I had to take care of a lot of things to get ready for next semester, and one of these things included a visit to the at&t store to inquire about global plans. A young, friendly guy in his early twenties with goofy, gelled hair explained the rates and fees to me and my mother. I realized that there is something about cell phones stores that attract these types. Quasi-nerdy (mainly because of their interest in cell phone technology) but with-it all the same men in their early twenties who, more often then not, have gelled hair. They’re helpful and friendly, but seem to have a slight aloof air about them, justified by their…superior knowledge about cell phones? Well anyway, they don’t respond well to my slightly ironic banter. Then again, that’s a common experience I have with salespeople.

I don’t understand why anyone gels their hair. After the visit to at&t, we went to the bagel store and were served by a young, petite girl with particularly unflattering gelled (or hair sprayed, I suppose) hair, and again I was baffled. When I went to radioshack later in the evening, I was on the look out for more of this, but luckily this time the salesman’s hair was gel-free, although I think he might have had some paste in it, which lets you shape the hair but is much less noticeable and more tasteful than gel.

6 comments:

  1. that's funny, my day today has been full of hair gel, as well. i need to use it when capping people for my study.

    except for its extremely helpful electric conductivity, i can't say i'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAIR GEL IS A PLASTIC-BASED SUBSTANCE THAT PEOPLE USE TO STYLIZE THEIR HAIR FOR PARTIES AND EVERYDAY ACTIVITY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really sure what the point of the last comment is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do your experiences show that gelled men consistently wear button down shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. has that been your experience? I want to say polo shirts are more common, but I'm not really sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're confusing bros with guidos

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers