Monday, March 30, 2009

my love is a liquid

Today I was taking the 5 home, listening to Gary Numan’s Tubeway Army. In the song ‘My Love is a Liquid,’ I am always struck by the line, ‘I could talk to me for years, I can’t speak to you at all.’ I think I’m going to start every entry now with a quote from Gary Numan, until I run out.

I am well. Florence came back today; she had been gone for about ten days. In the kitchen, she explained to Sebastian and me that she’s been very sick, and where she was she couldn’t get in touch with us. She explained that her skin and eyes are reacting very strongly to the sunlight, and that in general she’s not doing very well. It was awkward. All I could really say was sorry. Maybe Florence and I are like the twins played by Jeremy Irons in Dead Ringers, where if one is doing well, the other is doing badly. But if I remember correctly, it gets pretty ugly for the both of them by the end.

Tonight I went to see Roman Holliday in the 5e. I really enjoyed it, and I was reminded how much I like Audrey Hepburn. I think I like her the best in Sabrina, before she goes to Paris, but she was looking pretty good in this one, too, especially after she gets her hair cut.

1 comment:

  1. All we talk about in our blogs is David Cronenberg and Gary Numan.

    Gary Numan was like 20 when Tubeway Army came out. Did you know that? The man peaked ridiculously early.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers