Saturday, April 18, 2009

the life machine

“I know, I’ve had my time”—Gary Numan

I went to see Sunset Rubdown tonight with Katrin and Andrew, my friend from Middlebury. Often I find concerts like these to be an occasion for my mind to wonder around. I felt inspired. I’ve also felt inspired lately by the landscape around the bibliothèque nationale and Bercy Park. But inspired to do what? Certainly not to jump headlong into my paper on Sans Soleil.

Some interesting things occurred this week. Thursday night I made a salad for Tobias’ weekly dinner, and everyone loved it. The same night, walking to a bar by the Pompidou, we noticed a huge crowd outside of a neighborhood bar/tabac. There were many plastic glasses and skinny jeans. It seemed out of the ordinary. Turns out, Vice magazine was hosting a party there. On Friday night, Katrin and I saw a guy doing coke while waiting for the metro. Then when we got outside, we saw four young guys remove a manhole from the street and climb into the sewer.

Lately I feel very conscious of the shortness of my stay in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers