Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Today I booked my flight back for the 28th of May. I’d been avoiding it a long time. Florence told me a while ago that she plans on moving in May, so I told her when I was leaving, wondering if I’d be able to stay up until my flight, or if I’d have to stay with a friend. She told me that she’s moving as early as the 15th, but that I can stay. I will be completely alone, as Sebastion is leaving this Friday.

However, she’s taking the washing machine and more importantly the refrigerator with her. When she told me this, I didn’t really know what to say. She said she would leave a few plates and utensils around. She hasn’t thought it out very well, I can tell. As far as not having a refrigerator for potentially two weeks—well, I can put my things outside the window, she told me. I asked her, what if it’s nice out? She explained that it has been nice out but the weather is so unpredictable…winter one day…hot summer the next…essentially, my rather pertinent question became an occasion for her to complain about the weather. Then she invited me to a party at the theatre where her husband works. Then she asked if I can find someone to help move my bed out, which would mean that I wouldn’t have it to sleep on my last night.

2 comments:

  1. You could live off non-refrigeratable food and takeaway for a couple weeks, couldn't you?

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers