Tuesday, April 21, 2009

nice guy

The past few days I’ve been sending it seems countless e-mails to people who responded to an ad in the daily digest saying that I’m available to fill a space in an apartment. This has been frustrating because none of the offers stood out. I either got replies from second years, gamers, or the type of people that you see around all the time (maybe you are even very loosely connected) but for some reason, you just never talk to*. I decided to accept an offer in a nice apartment with a group of 4th years that fell into this last category, but it was too late. Then I received an offer from a second year girl, and I realized that one of her friends was in my orientation group last fall. I jumped on that, and it looks like I’m living with this guy I know from orientation, and four of his girlfriends. I’m not sure if I made a mistake. Today, I got an offer from one of the Frisbee guys, and it pained me to turn it down. I’m a nice guy, and I don’t want to fuck over the other group.

On that note: I’ve always considered myself a nice guy, and my mom holds the same opinion, but I’m never sure if others see what she so perceptibly notices. Well, it turns out, I really am a nice guy. ‘I've seen you around and you seem like a really nice person,’ pac07@hampshire.edu told me today in another housing offer. I don’t even know who he or she is, but I guess I made an impression.

*Interesting side note: for some reason, a lot of the people from all of these categories are named Audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers