Monday, December 22, 2008

merry christmas

I was going to write a longer entry, with a lot of thoughts and reflections. I will do that. But I received this message, send out to a few dozen people...I don't really know...It is from an old friend from my creative writing class in high school.

"Hello All

Just wanted to wish you all happy holidays and plenty of good cheer. Hopefully you all are with your family enjoying yourselves. If you find yourself working on Christmas Eve, or Christmas (or having to report in to your next command on New Years day, like myself) then try to enjoy what time you are able to spend with your family. If you're by yourself than at least you don't have to feel guilty for drinking all the egg nog.

However you find yourself spending the holidays I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers!"

I replied to this message:

"This is a very thoughtful message. I'd like to hear what you're doing in your life because I have no idea. As for me, I'm in college, blah blah, existential questions, getting drunk, women, blah blah. Well, send me an e-mail sometime."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he's fighting the fight for his uncle Sam ("report to your next command like myself")

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers