Thursday, December 18, 2008

red hook

I am back in Bethlehem and there isn’t much to do. On the ride home we stopped at Bard to pick up Will’s brother Sam. Before we saw Sam, who was taking a final, we had to pick up his things at his off-campus house out in the country. The house, which he shares with four other people, is a lot cleaner than our mod at Hampshire. It made me think about how dirty and lazy we are at mod 35. While Will packed the car with his brother’s things, I lay on the couch and looked out the window at the clouds. Ben was playing on the keyboard, going through the various settings, and at one point it sounded like a cheap horror movie score.

In Red Hook we stopped at a café and fudge shop. When I ordered my sandwich I tried to banter a little bit with the people behind the counter, but I’m not sure how they took it. As we ate there was a couple sitting at a nearby table. The girl was explaining that she was certain about the things she didn’t like. One of these things was peanut butter and jelly.

2 comments:

  1. Messy mods are the way to go. But, I'm probably just in denial so I can feel better about this next semester.

    I don't really like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches either, but at least I wouldn't say I'm certain of it. Although, I do think they are much better when you cut off the crust.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers